Whatsapp is a freeware messaging platform which is a service that is owned by Facebook, started in the year 2009 by Brain Acton, Jan koum. This is an application that is used to send text messages, voice messages, video calls, share images, share documents, share the location. This application can we used in mobile phones, desktop with an internet connection. In 2018 WhatsApp introduced a business app by which companies can communicate with standard WhatsApp clients. This is one of the most popular messaging platforms on the internet. The WhatsApp is being used in Brazil, India, Pakistan, the united kingdom, Europe, France.
Until 2017, WhatsApp is used only between two smartphones. In 2017 September WhatsApp introduced new business tools as a free WhatsApp Business app for small companies, an enterprise solution for big companies with global customers. In 2015, Watsapp is made available for PC as Watsapp web. Whatsapp software compares all the phone numbers from the device address with the central database to automatically add contacts to the user’s WhatsApp contact list.
Features Of Whatsapp
The following are the features that are offered in Whatsapp
- Keep the conversation going:
Watsapp can be accessed on the web and desktop
- Speak Freely
With voice calls
- Keep the conservation going:
With WhatsApp, you can sync all the contacts to the desktop so that you can chat on the device conveniently.
- Security by default:
Some of the personal moments are shared in WhatsApp so that the WhatsApp is secured with end to end encryption. Your messages and calls are secured so that the third person can’t retrieve the data even WhatsApp
- Sharing documents is easy:
Sending PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, slideshows up to 100 MB.
- Hide WhatsApp group photos and videos from the gallery:
To have control over the content in WhatsApp groups
Advantages Of WhatsApp:
The list of advantages are as given below
- The WhatsApp application is free and it doesn’t charge for usage
- It can be used to send and receive any type of files, messages, video calling
- It even allows international voice and video calls
- It’s a user-friendly application so that it’s being used by a wide range of people all over the world.
- There will be no advertisements displayed in this application while using it as it provides a good experience in using this application
- Calls service in WhatsApp is more reliable
Disadvantages of Watsapp:
Some disadvantages are to be faced while using this WhatsApp application
- Whatsapp can only be used with an internet connection and it will provide good experience by using in the mobile device it will be less useful if you are using it on other devices
- There is a high possibility to share fake news from the groups. The people of WhatsApp may think the information and news that are in WhatsApp as true which leads to some problems for instance at the time of elections, religious functions.
- Your profile picture will be visible to all as it can lead to some privacy data loss.
- There is a chance for anyone to add in a group without your permission which leads to inconvenience as they can add you as many as they want even if you leave the group.