Pinterest is a social network that is launched in March 2010. PINTEREST is a word that is formed by clubbing pin and interest. Ben Silbermann is the CEO of Pinterest. Pinterest is a free website but it requires registration to access its data. The information in Pinterest is called pins and other media content is called pinboards. The content to the Pinterest can be uploaded by tapping on the pin it button which can be downloaded to the bookmark bar on browser some websites include red and white pin it button which allows the users to pin them directly. Pinterest is accepting the users to search with images instead of words.
The Pinterest pages are available in business and allow the users to create pages to promote their company. The analytics of Pinterest is like google analytics. The analytics that is provided are pins, pinners, repins, repinners. The companies can also add their ideas to find how customers respond to that product.
Features Of Pinterest:
The following are the features that are offered on Pinterest.
A pin is an image that is uploaded on the page. The pins can be saved and repined on other pages. The pin is renamed as save, this is done for international expansion to make the site more intuitive for users. The advertisement on Pinterest can be done in the form of promoted pins.
Board is a collection of pins that are dedicated to quotes, travel, weddings.
Pinterest uses a guided search which gives keyword suggestion at the time of searching. Visual search is also available on Pinterest. This search feature will allow the users to take a photo and zoom into existing parts of the photo or take a new photo.
The following users and board fill the home page with content. The users have a chance to follow and unfollow the boards, users. The verified accounts will have a checkmark next to the domain.
- DUPLICATE PIN NOTIFICATION:
This will be very useful to the users who are maintaining multiple accounts, boards. If you are posting the same photo redundantly then a duplicate pin notification will be sent to the user
- POSTS CAN BE SHARED IN MULTIPLE PLATFORMS:
If you want to share a post then you can share it on multiple platforms like Facebook, Pinterest, email contacts.
- MOBILE NOTIFICATIONS, FRIEND MENTIONS, SUGGESTED SEARCH TERMS:
Pinterest has updated it a feature to push notifications so that you can track the comments, pins. You can also mention friends from your mobile device to the pins.
- CHROME EXTENSION:
This feature is used to free up space on bookmarks when it overcrowded.
ADVANTAGES OF PINTEREST:
The following are the top reasons to use Pinterest as it will help to introduce your business and blog to the audience.
- Pinterest converts most of the browsers into buyers as it converts sales faster than other social media sources.
- It is an effective tool to increase links to your website. It’s very effective in driving traffic back to the website. The good content in Pinterest starts with creating quality visuals.
- This Pinterest will increase awareness, increases sales, provide new leads
- All your social media accounts can be connected to Pinterest.
DISADVANTAGES OF PINTEREST:
- Most of the users are women and the probability of men using Pinterest is very less. 81% of women are using Pinterest.
- The content that is posted on Pinterest is mostly about travel, clothing, home décor, food, wedding content.
- Some companies will try to influence the Pinterest users with affiliate shopping links and spam links.
- Pinterest is mostly visual.